Tuesday 4 November 2014

Broome's Horse Season

Update: I would like to dedicate this post to all the horses and jockey's who have lost their lives to racing. May you rest in eternal peace. 

It's Melbourne Cup day so I thought this would be a suitable day to post about the Broome Racing season of 2014 of which I attended a mere two meets, the first and last. 

If you know me well you know my stance on horse racing. I went for the hats and the social scene alone. I shall leave it there. Let's move on. 

Broome race season kicked off with the Paspaley Cable Beach Polo event at the very beginning of the dry season. We dropped in on the Sunday arvo, hired a couple of beach chairs and watched the game from the commoners vantage point. I think we had some of the best seats in the house, and they were virtually free. This is such a great weekend in Broome, and unique in the Southern Hemisphere I believe.















Then the racing season started. Finding the right dress and hat is not something I find huge pleasure in...it can be rather stressful...however once eventually made our way to the track the real fun began.
















All head wear featured is created by the talented and gorgeous Broome local Susan Rush Millinery, she held a exhibit out at the Mango Place in Broome part way through the season. She is very clever and will most likely take over the millinery world in the near future. 










We ended the season as we started, by the gates to the stables. I don't know if we will be here for another dry, so it was lovely to end on a high note with this chick by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment