Sunday 16 September 2012

Bungle Bungle/Wolf Creek Crater scenic


I was most fortunate to have had the opportunity to take a scenic flight with the wonderful boys of Northwest Regional Airlines (shameless plug) on Wednesday. Because of my work, and the nature of what I am selling it is important (hard life) that I get myself on as many famils as possible, so that I am confident in what I am recommending/selling at the Halls Creek Visitors Centre. 

This was a particularly special flight for two reasons; 1: It was pilot James' last flight before he heads for the big smoke of Broome. 2: It was a combo flight, which means we got to see the Bungle Bungle range of Purnululu National Park, whilst we also got to see the Wolf Creek Crater, and some wonderful sights in between. 

Here is a little photo gallery to make you jealous... PS I am hoping to do this flight again in the wet or just after to see the change in the landscape and also to see the rivers full. 


Old nickel mine

The bungle bungle range



 Forgive me for not remembering the names of the various mountain ranges and rivers to follow, however they are picturesque. 



Two pilots - pretty lucky!


The black Elvire river
Wolf Creek crater

Man made dam, complete with it's own eco system.

Halls Creek runway/airport

Town of Halls Creek, we live in the red circle.

Our pilot and fellow passengers. I strongly dislike this photo (of myself) but, it's the memory that counts. 
Overall, it was a fantastic flight, I feel so fortunate to be able to have these experiences at my fingertips. I hope to be able to have many more just as exciting experiences, maybe even flights, after all Northwest Regional Airline was a finalist in the East Kimberley Small Business Awards, great job guys! More on that in another post. 

For now, it's onto another busy week in the HCVC, and the airport, oh! and Halls Creek in general, where the social life never really sleeps...

Be well and kind xo

No comments:

Post a Comment