Wednesday 26 September 2012

A few of my favourite things....

It has been a super busy and exhausting week with work for me, most days have involved me getting up, doing the morning routine, dressing for work, walking to work, working the whole day, walking home, making dinner, catching up on the latest with B, chilling on the couch then heading to bed. Repeat, repeat, repeat, with one day off thrown into the mix! Yes, I can here you through the Internet cables Mum and Dad, telling me to toughen up!!! Actually, this post is not about that, it's about finding the little things in every day that make me smile and remember that there is so much more in life than work. So here a a few picks of my current favourite things... 


I am LOVING my new Birkenstock's that I got on special off Style tread  They are so comfortable, and I like that they are a bit different to their older styles. I only wish I could wear them every day all day, but they are not work appropriate. Hoping they will last me many years. I am also LOVING the colours in our rug, it adds such brightness to the lounge room.

Strawberries are a staple in our diet lately, they are a stunning rich RED colour, and super SWEET! Yum!!

This is my favourite corner of the kitchen, in particular I am loving the jars (they are large jam jars) , this corner always makes me smile when I see it, breaking up the white/greyish colour of Dinky Donga. 

Yum to stewed apple!! Delish for breakfast with yoghurt, muesli and LSA . Oh and a couple of strawberries thrown in!!

There is so much to see and ooggle over in the shop, however these cards are some of my favs. The artist Al Mason is well known artist and lover of the Boab tree in the Kimberely region and recently passed away. I am planning to mount these cards in the future to look at for years to come. 

Vinegar/water mix in a spray bottle! I know, sad but true, one of the best cleaners of all time! I use it on everything, so easy to use and such s good cleaner and deodoriser.

Yay! New G Mag, with a new name...Can not wait to get reading!!

What I am not loving so much at the moment:

  • Blood noses - I have always suffered from several blood noses over the summer months, although the last few years I have had very few, maybe 1 or 2 a year. Apparently here the weather between (well basically) the Tanami desert and the Great Sandy Desert is too much for my body as I seem to be suffering them much more regularly. I think it has something to do with how dry it is at the moment. 
  • Telstra's Internet costs!! I use my phone as my modem, and I am getting tired of constantly going over my quota!! Telstra is the only provider out here, and we haven't got a land-line, damn you Telstra for having the monopoly on coverage!!!

That is all, I am off the make my birthday CAKES (yes plural!)

What are your favourite things? 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment